Published on March 26th, 2014 | by Scott0
A brand new class of racing coming to Bromham!
The club is delighted to announce a brand new ‘Back to Basics’ one-make (well two chassis options, but it will be one bodyshell!!) series that will be starting on Friday 25 April in time for the Spring Championship. This new class is all about close competitive racing where the skill of the driver and not the depth of their wallet is going to be key to winning. The rules are listed below and anyone wishing to join the class must adhere to these rules without exception.
The new ‘Back to Basics’ class will begin racing a Truck Shell and we’ve now taken delivery of 9 brand new shells that we shall sell to the entrants for just £6 each. We only have 9 bodyshells as one has already been purchased and painted (see below). Please note that this new class is not aimed at beginners or those still learning how to drive. It is aimed at seasoned drivers as the top heavy truck bodyshell will be a real handful to control and therefore will not aid the beginner in learning to develop their race craft. The GT12 class we already run at the club is the perfect choice for those still learning.
There will only be room for ten drivers in total so we recommend that you show an interest as soon as possible and we will then confirm once all places have been secured. Contact the club to let us know if you are keen on entering the new class. We will then run only 1 heat during each Round of the Spring Championships with all 10 trucks running at once if they all turn up! Hence why this class is not suitable for beginners. It will still cost £5 to race (£7 for non-members), however if you intend to continue racing your normal GT12 car then it will be an additional £2 on top of your normal racing fees if running both.
May we remind you that the rules below are final and we will not allow any car/driver to participate if these rules are not followed. With regards to a minimum weight, that will be confirmed once we have built one of these new chassis and then we can gauge what a suitable minimum weight will be.
The rules for this new class
- Maximum of 10 drivers permitted to sign up to the class for the Inaugural Spring Championships – all drivers will race in 1 heat each night which should not be a problem as this is not intended for beginners and 10 of these trucks on track will be manageable for those wishing to take part
- Maximum chassis RRP price (excludes discounts/offers) £100 – this will allow the Supastox, Mardave V12 Carbon Edition but excludes the advanced V12 LMPT kit at £146
- Minimum weight 1050g
- Ballraces allowed in front wheels and rear axle
- Lightweight Aluminium rear axles not allowed
- No rear diffs allowed
- 32 or 48dp gear/spurs permitted
- Velcro LiPo straps can be replaced with carbon brace (either kit or home-made) – this does not increase performance of car but does aid maintenance and cleaning of car as Velcro straps in standard kit get covered in carpet fluff in no time at all!!
- Maplin style washers will be permitted to replace kit standard ones for Supastox chassis
- Drivers can change kit springs for suspension front and rear
- Any choice of tyres permitted
- Only water-based tyre additive allowed - Spider Green – Part No SGSX-125, Spider Blue – Part No SGBS-125 and Schumacher SXT – Part No STX00030
- The Mi5 Wishbone Socket mod on front of Supastox NOT allowed
- 3 bodyshell types to choose from,available from DreamyHippo Mouldings - Formula Ford Truck (£6.99), Racing Truck (£5.99) and the Truck Cab (£5.99)
- No wings allowed
- Windows in bodyshell to remain closed
- No external bumpers permitted.
If running the brushless power train:
- ESC must be the CORE RC PACE 45R ESC set to blinky
- LiPo must be the CORE RC 3200mAH 1s LiPo
- Motor must be the SpeedPassion Competition 3.0 17.5T Brushless Motor (timing advance NOT to be adjusted from out of the box – we will also ensure that all motors are set the same, just in case one has been altered or if someone is using an existing Speed Passion motor).
If running the brushed power train:
- Any ESC with a maximum RRP of £50
- Standard Tamiya Style tin can motor maximum RRP of £10
- Any 4cell Nimh with a maximum 3200mAH rating and 4.8v.
If you would like to participate in this new class that will be starting at the beginning of the Club’s Spring Championship on Friday 25 April, then please contact the club to show your interest and if places are available we shall secure your entry. Remember that when you have been confirmed you will be required to submit your choice of colours for the Truck bodyshell which can be purchased for £6 from the Club between now and the start of the Championships.